RE: st: Calculation of cubic splines

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Calculation of cubic splines
Date   Thu, 19 May 2011 15:27:31 +0100

Pessimistic answer: Seems to me that you want to echo what Stata does without doing it directly in Stata. In this case that is at least difficult.

Optimistic answer: You must plug coefficients and data into the RHS of the correct logit equation.

At this point, fractional polynomial people would be saying that you'd better off using fractional polynomials.

Mikkel Brabrand

But is predict not a post estimation command? How can I then use the same weights? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I have spend a frustrating looooong time on this!