RE: Antwort: RE: st: Marginal Effect

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   stata list <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: Antwort: RE: st: Marginal Effect
Date   Mon, 10 Jan 2011 16:04:26 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Mon, 10/1/11, Justina Fischer wrote:
.. I guess he wants the formula for converting estimated
coefficients into marginal effects.

This discussion has been going for some time. We already
established that formulas for average marginal effects in
random effects models are non-trivial. You can have the
average marginal effect while fixing the unobserved group-
level variable at the mean easy enought, but my
interpretation of the thread so far is that he wants to
avoid that (which is fair enough, but in my opinion he is
making his life harder than it needs to be). So my guess
is that he found in the literature some "adjustment" that
will let him work around it.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie