RE: st: validation of Stata Software

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: validation of Stata Software
Date   Wed, 5 May 2010 08:12:56 -0700

When I worked at the Food and Drug Administration there was concern about certifying/validating any computer program that was used to analyze data or was part of a product (e.g., an MRI, etc.).  We spoke to the people who were responsible for this and the reply was that they were interested in the PROCESS that was used, not the specific output - thus, Bill's article would be a good example of what was needed for a general statistical program.

I am unsure how an MRI program would be certified, but I suspect not differently.

Tony

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Department of Public Health
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97330
Phone: 541-737-3832
FAX: 541-737-4001

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Maarten buis
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 3:23 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: validation of Stata Software

--- On Wed, 5/5/10, Celine Genty wrote:
> How can I check the validation of Stata Software
> (Software quality control, Verification and Validation...) ?
>
> Have you an application containing the required
> technical requirements of a compliant system ?

Have you already taken a look at:
William Gould (2001) "Statistical software certification"
The Stata Journal, 1(1): 29--50.
<http://www.stata-journal.com/article.html?article=pr0001>

If that does not answer your question, you'll have to be
much more precise on what it is exactly that you want to
know.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis