Re: st: re: xtivreg

Subject   Re: st: re: xtivreg
Date   Wed, 5 May 2010 11:12:36 -0400

W Zang :
As an example of Kit's point, consider:

clear all
u http://fmwww.bc.edu/ec-p/data/macro/abdata
tsset id year
xtivreg2 ys k (n=l2.n l3.n), fe endog(n)
qui ivreg2 ys k (n=l2.n l3.n)
ivendog n
qui xi:ivreg2 ys k (n=l2.n l3.n) i.id
ivendog n
testparm _I*

where the last line demonstrates the need for FE, and the endog test
does not support the use of the exclusion restriction--but that does
not necessarily mean that n is exogenous; with a better exclusion
restriction, the endog test could produce a different result.
Remember that the endog test
xtivreg2 ys k (n=l2.n l3.n), fe endog(n)
just compares
xtivreg2 ys k (n=l2.n l3.n), fe
xtivreg2 ys k n (=l2.n l3.n), fe
not to another specification with better instruments.