st: weighted mean, median and std error using egen

From   Benjamin Villena Roldan <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: weighted mean, median and std error using egen
Date   Tue, 20 Apr 2010 13:19:39 -0400

Dear Statalist,
I need to construct mean, median, std.error variables for some groups of the population using weights (pweights really). It seems to me that Stata10 egen commands won't do this. Is there any way to do it by using egen?
I know it is possible to do it by using summarize, but I think it will take a much longer time. Am I right?

Benjamin