st: extension of countmatch

From   Dalhia <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: extension of countmatch
Date   Tue, 20 Apr 2010 09:08:03 -0700 (PDT)

hi,
I need to do a particular data manipulation to reconcile multiple ids created over time. There are multiple rows (15,345 rows which require reconciliation) so I will be really grateful if this can be somehow automated.

here is how the data looks

final_id, id1, id2, id3
aaa, aa1, aa2, aa3
aa3, bb1, bb2
bb1, ll1

In this example, all the ids are actually referring to the same entity since aa3 is actually also bb1 and bb2, and bb1 is also ll1. Here is how I am trying to get the data to look so I know that they all actually are the same entity:
final_id, id1, id2, id3, id4, id5, id6
aaa, aa1, aa2, aa3, bb1, bb2, ll1

I was playing with somehow extending countmatch (which tells me when the same cell appears in other rows in other variables) so that it can identify these duplicates in other variables, and then also pull them out. But so far no luck. I am horrible at figuring out code. Any help will be appreciated.

best
dalhia mani