Re: st: Combining multiple imputation with propensity score matching

From   "Ariel Linden, DrPH" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Combining multiple imputation with propensity score matching
Date   Wed, 3 Mar 2010 11:15:58 -0800

I suggest that you consider using an optimal matching procedure. It will
allow you to choose the maximum number of controls you'd like to match to
each treated unit. There will be some treated units that will be matched to
one control, and others that may be matched to the maximum you've set as the
maximum.

Mark Lunt wrote a program for stata called optmatch2

Description

    The command optmatch2 performs optimal matching using the network flow
methodology outlined
    in Rosenbaum(1989).  The variable casecontrol contains 1 for cases and 0
for controls. The
    variable(s) on which matching is to be performed are given by varlist.
If there is more than
    one variable in varlist, there are a number of ways of calculating a
distance between a case
    and a control: see the option measure below for more information.

I hope this helps

Ariel