Re: st: test for clustering in instrumental variables settings

Subject   Re: st: test for clustering in instrumental variables settings
Date   Thu, 25 Feb 2010 13:51:35 -0500

Stas, Sergio,
Indeed, Mark and I have a working version of Kezdi's test for
clustering, which Mark extended so one can consider clustering
relative to one variable or many.  But all of that is for linear
models; given that the recursive biprobit models you are estimating
work by estimating the correlation across equations in a SUR sense
(also a clustering problem), I think your case is harder.  With
unbalanced clusters, there are good reasons to cluster and good
reasons not to.  In that case, you probably have to report both
results and discuss the potential problems with each estimate.

But what do you mean by:
treatment variable is whether
>> treatment at certain
>> > type of hospital