st: R: RR for mortality data set??

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: R: RR for mortality data set??
Date   Tue, 16 Feb 2010 15:52:04 +0100

Dear Alison,
Doesn't your data set allow a survival analysis (instead of a RR) to be
performed?

Kind Regards,
Carlo

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Per conto di Alison McCarthy
Inviato: martedì 16 febbraio 2010 4.24
A: stata
Oggetto: st: RR for mortality data set??

Dear Stata list
I am using a data set which has information on mortality of males and female
over the period 1990 to 2007.
Currently, I am analysing differences between these two groups using
logistic regression (I controlled for the case 'year of death' by entering
it into the model).
However, I was wondering whether I could also look at the relative risks in
these two groups using poisson or another model (would 'year' by an offset,
using the 'robust' standard error option)?
Journals seem to prefer data presented as RR instead of OR.
Can anyone offer any advice about whether this is possible or am I best
sticking with logistic regression?
Kind regards
Looking for a place to rent, share or buy? Find your next place with ninemsn
Property
http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/157631292/direct/01/