RE: st: RE: RE: Slow Stata

Subject   RE: st: RE: RE: Slow Stata
Date   Thu, 11 Feb 2010 20:34:07 +0100

<>

" As
I understand it, it has to do with the fact that Word 2007 is a not a
64-bit app"

The latest beta for Office 2010 indicates that it will be available both as
a 32 bit and 64 bit app. So fingers crossed the negative externality on
Stata will end with this release...

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Scott Baldwin
Sent: Donnerstag, 11. Februar 2010 20:17
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: RE: RE: Slow Stata

I've had this problem too on Windows 2003 Server, 64-bit, Stata 11. As
I understand it, it has to do with the fact that Word 2007 is a not a
64-bit app and has to run in emulation (or something like that). I
also found that having Endnote tools installed in Word 2007 caused
problems with respect to performance. I've since updated Endnote to
its most recent addition and I have much less slow down (though it is
still somewhat slow). Thankfully, I don't have to use Word much on
that machine.

Best,
Scott