Re: st: Likelihood ratio test with pseudo likelihood?

Subject   Re: st: Likelihood ratio test with pseudo likelihood?
Date   Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:15:23 -0600

The asymptotic distribution of the differences in log
pseudo-likelihoods has a complicated distribution which is the
difference of two sums like

sum_j a_j v_j

where a_j are eigenvalues of [vce(opg) times inverse(vce(oim))], and
v_j are independent chi^2_1 variables. Of course the resulting
distribution will be non-standard. (People familiar with structural
equation modeling would easily recognize Satorra-Bentler scaled
difference test in this :)). Are you really sure you want to deal with
that crap? Wald test with your robust standard errors will do just
fine to compare two nested models.