RE: st: RE: exact command for distance ?

From   Roy Wada <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: exact command for distance ?
Date   Sat, 12 Sep 2009 09:53:03 -0700

Austin,

Distance matching requires all neighborhood points.

Your argument is like saying -sum, meanonly- runs faster than -sum, detail-.

If this is the biggest fault you can find, then it must be a pretty good
program.

Thanks for double-checking all my work. I can now tell everybody that it
has been looked over carefully by Austin Nichols.

I agree that the help file can be expanded. I can add a few words on what
it manages to do, although this should be rather obvious to anyone working
with distances.

Roy

> Roy--
> We do seem to be in some sort of twilight zone, a realm of asymmetric
> rules about evidence and civility, but I see no contradiction in what
> I have posted--I appreciate users posting code on SSC and elsewhere,
> and in Laura's problem an easy solution is available (via an unmatched
> merge and a loop over observations) without downloading any code,
Ready for Fall shows? Use Bing to find helpful ratings and reviews on digital tv's.
http://www.bing.com/shopping/search?q=digital+tv's&form=MSHNCB&publ=WLHMTAG&crea=TEXT_MSHNCB_Vertical_Shopping_DigitalTVs_1x1