RE: st: RE: exact command for distance ?

From   Roy Wada <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: exact command for distance ?
Date   Fri, 11 Sep 2009 14:47:17 -0700

Austin,

Thanks for your feedback. You seem to be contradicting yourself
on occassions but some people do that now and then.

If vincenty is critical, then why are you now recommending codes
not based on vincenty? You already know that vincenty makes no
important differences for the distance less than 100 miles.

Please do make the calculations for us and tell us how this
will impact someone's research.

I agree -distmatch- can be made to run faster (it should recycle
previous rankings) but not for the reason you posted.

Your are forgeting to mention that your codes cannot perform ranking
or complete matching. It only looks for the minimum distance.

This has been pointed out you before.

I would post another comparison except for the fact that your codes
do not work for other matchings.

You seem to be creating a moving target with ad hoc fixes, and
suggest other people do the same. If they can do this, why would
they need you?

Are we stuck in the twilight zone where people does not need help
but in fact should be made to take one when offered.

There is something funny about people who claim exlusive expertise.

Let's agree it is a very bad idea to tell other people to not use
someone's else program.

Roy

P.S. You can take your download programs to the data center just
like other programss. Just put it in the current directory if you
still do not know how to do this.

http://windowslive.com/Campaign/SocialNetworking?ocid=PID23285::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:SI_SB_facebook:082009