Re: st: Uninstalling Stata

From   John Ataguba <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Uninstalling Stata
Date   Sun, 2 Aug 2009 11:07:13 +0000 (GMT)

If stata is correctly installed, you should be able to uninstal from the control panel.

If you use Windows XP, just do <Start>, <Control Panel>, <Add or Remove Programs>

locate and select stata 9 from the list of correctly installed programs and click remove.

I hope this helps.  You can also follow Ronggui's line of deleting the installation folder from the location where it was initially installed.

Jon

________________________________
From: Ronggui Huang <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sunday, 2 August, 2009 3:29:23
Subject: Re: st: Uninstalling Stata

Are you sure? there should be uninstallation button.

Even there is not uninstallation button, you can just simply delete
the folder of Stata and all related files.

Ronggui

2009/8/1 Ricardo Ovaldia <[email protected]>:
> Dear all,
>
> I want to uninstall my old version of Stata (version 9) from my Windows machine. Althought Stata 9 is listed in the control panel, there is no uninstall button available. How can I uninstall it?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Ricardo
>
> Ricardo Ovaldia, MS
> Statistician
> Oklahoma City, OK
>

> *
> *   For searches and help try:

HUANG Ronggui, Wincent
PhD Candidate
Dept of Public and Social Administration
City University of Hong Kong
Home page: http://asrr.r-forge.r-project.org/rghuang.html

*
*  For searches and help try: