Re: st: Estimating the Likelihood of influencing one aspect of CSR over another

Subject   Re: st: Estimating the Likelihood of influencing one aspect of CSR over another
Date   Sun, 26 Jul 2009 00:19:21 -0400

Pavlos C. Symeou<[email protected]> :
How about -nlsur- for two Poisson models, with interactions as
appropriate?  I don't know about your theoretical model though--why
did DuPont drop petroleum and textiles in the last decade?  Is sector
fixed?  Why did Monsanto switch from chemicals to
biotech/patent-lawsuit between 1997 and 2002?  Yes, old companies plow
token money into PR-rich displays of social responsibility, but they
can also retool entirely.  What sector is Philip Morris or RJR (now, a
decade ago, two decades ago, etc.)?  Size is also endogenous. The
whole strength v. weakness thing is a bit fuzzy.