Re: st: Dealing with survey data when the entire population is also in the dataset

Subject   Re: st: Dealing with survey data when the entire population is also in the dataset
Date   Sat, 25 Jul 2009 23:56:46 -0400

Margo Schlanger<[email protected]> :
I think Michael I. Lichter means for you to -append- your sample and
population in step 2 below.  Then you can run -hotelling- or the
equivalent linear discriminant model (with robust SEs) to compare
means for a bunch of variables observed in both.  I.e.
.  reg sample x* [pw=wt]
in step 2b, not tabulate, with or without svy: and chi2.