st: Estimating the Likelihood of influencing one aspect of CSR over another

From   "Pavlos C. Symeou" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Estimating the Likelihood of influencing one aspect of CSR over another
Date   Sat, 25 Jul 2009 11:30:47 +0200

Dear Statalisters,

I am asking for some advice regarding a question I would like to examine econometrically. I have data for 500 companies over a period of 14 years and I am interested in focusing on a specific concept, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). CSR is measured with two variables: "strengths" and "weaknesses", both of which take values from 0-5. The higher the score of strengths the stronger the CSR is considered, the higher the score of weaknesses, the weaker the CSR is considered. I want to examine whether company characteristics, such as size, sector, age among others, have an effect on the likelihood that a company will choose to improve its strengths rather than minimise its weaknesses. The rationale behind this question is that some companies may find it substantially more difficult to minimise the negative externalities from their operations and rather invest in improving the positive ones.

I am open to your suggestions.

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Pavlos