Re: Fwd: st: Monte Carlo with preset spatial autocorrelation

Subject   Re: Fwd: st: Monte Carlo with preset spatial autocorrelation
Date   Mon, 11 May 2009 17:05:01 -0400

Susan Olivia <[email protected]>:
Yes, I gathered you had a weight matrix, but what is it?  Here's an
example with an identity matrix which trivially satisfies your
description of your weight matrix (here, none of the 200 obs created
are neighbors):

mat c=I(200)
drawnorm v1-v200, corr(c) n(1) seed(1) clear
g i=_n
qui reshape long v, i(i)
keep v

Obviously, this is a silly example, since -drawnorm v, n(200)- would
get there in one; but a different matrix c will produce data with very
different properties. You also don't specify if the simulated data are
supposed to be normal, or exhibit any particular properties.  You
won't get much programming advice unless you can specify a particular
problem, with details...