Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: st: Monte Carlo with preset spatial autocorrelation

From   "Susan Olivia" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: st: Monte Carlo with preset spatial autocorrelation
Date   Tue, 12 May 2009 10:07:29 -0700

Dear Austin,

Thanks for the programming advice. Sorry I should have been
more explicit earlier. I am newbie to programming.

I would like to run a simulation, in which the only variable
that changes in each experiment is the dependent variable
(Y). I would like Y to be distributed as a normal random
variable with mean X*beta and variance of say 25.

Y is then calculated as Y = X*beta + u where u =
inverse[(I-lambda*W)]*eps. Eps is drawn from a normal
distribution with mean zero and variance say 25, I is the
identity matrix and lambda is the spatial autocorrelation
parameter which has been estimated earlier and W is the
weighting matrix.

For illustration, here's 5x5 binary weighting matrix:

matrix input W =
(0,1,0,0,0\1,0,1,0,0\0,1,0,1,0\0,0,1,0,1\0,0,0,1,0)

Thanks in advance for the programming advice.

Susan