Re: st: RE: Return r(111) this time

From   Eva Poen <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Return r(111) this time
Date   Sun, 15 Mar 2009 22:19:53 +0000

Jingjing,

As Nick pointed out, you know the names of your own variables. We
don't. So, when I said "right hand side variables" I meant the list of
right hand side variables in your equations, in the order that your
program needs them. Your program reads something like

args lnc sl sk sm lnpl lnpk lnpm lnpe lnq t d1 d2 d3 d4 d5 d6

, and only you know what these names stand for. All we know is that
the first four are left hand side variables, and the rest are right
hand side variables in your equations.

So, besides

matrix a = J(1,62,0)

you need to create copies of your left hand side variables, which you can do by

gen copy_var1 = var1

assuming that var1 is the name of your variable. Do this for all your
left hand side variables, and then call your program with the list of
all 16 variables that you need for your equations, in the order

lnc sl sk sm lnpl lnpk lnpm lnpe lnq t d1 d2 d3 d4 d5 d6

because this is what your program asks for. Just make sure that,
instead of providing the names of your left hand side variables, you
provide the names of their _copies_.  -set trace on- and see what
happens.

As a general remark, you might find it useful to attend a NetCourse by
Statacorp, especially NC151.

Eva