Re: st: RE: converting macros into variables

Subject   Re: st: RE: converting macros into variables
Date   Fri, 13 Feb 2009 20:30:36 +0100

<>

"But without supply of more details, more details are difficult to supply. "

True, but -statsby- seems like a safe bet as a way forward for Luhang...

HTH
Martin
_______________________
----- Original Message ----- From: "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 7:44 PM
Subject: RE: st: RE: converting macros into variables

>From what you say, there'll be an even better way to do it
without macros even, and certainly without putting (single) macros into
variables, But without supply of more details, more details are
difficult to supply.

Luhang Wang

Thanks for all replies. Nick's solution works!
The circumstance is that my statistics are based on summaries of
different sub-samples and I store them in macros along the way. The
final product I want is a table showing all the statistics I
construct, thus I just want to convert the macros I've kept into
numeric variables.
I know -collapse- provides a way of going from observations to
statistics, but it doesn't seem to be more efficient, or at least
feels less intuitive to me, when I need to work across sub-samples.