RE: st: RE: Stata equivalent of SAS "Proc Traj"?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Stata equivalent of SAS "Proc Traj"?
Date   Fri, 13 Feb 2009 19:35:08 -0000

Not knowing either person (Prof. Jones) or circumstance, that all sounds
very natural to me. For example, I don't imagine that most Stata
programmers have any inclination to rewrite their programs in SAS, even
setting aside the small detail that many of us don't even know SAS.

David Bell

When I took Nagin's Developmental Trajectory workshop, I asked Jones
to convert the program for Stata.  He did not show the requisite
enthusiasm for redoing something he had already done for SAS.

I would be extremely enthusiastic if someone would take up the task
for Stata.

(http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/bjones/index.htm
> ). Also, given that the procedure is implemented as a SAS macro, it
> shouldn't be too hard to write equivalent code for Stata.

Ariel Linden