Links are fine in Statalist postings [was: RE: st: multicollinearity]

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Links are fine in Statalist postings [was: RE: st: multicollinearity]
Date   Thu, 20 Nov 2008 21:14:45 -0000

Links are without doubt no problem at all. Indeed absolutely every posting from Statalist carries links: look at the footer of any posting. Sometimes it is about a hundred metres away from the top, but it is always there.

The problem is commonly departure from plain text, although some other stuff sometimes gets through, and that we can't explain.

Chris Witte

Regarding the listserv:  I remembered not being able to post in the past because I was trying to send rich text and I thought that maybe sending a link was unacceptable as well.  I usually stay pretty calm when I don't instantly see my question posted.