Re: st: esttab question

From   Neil Shephard <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: esttab question
Date   Wed, 19 Nov 2008 17:29:25 +0000

Chris Witte wrote:
> I've never used esttab before, so this should be an easy question for those who have.  I quickly looked through Kit Baum's very nice -tabletutorial-

Its Ben Jann's tutorial that is hosted at Repec.  Kit Baum is the
administrator for the site. (-ssc describe tabletutorial- lists the
Author and contact details)
> and am wondering where the tables are being saved on disk (i.e. what is the default directory stata puts files into)?
They will be saved where you are telling them to be saved.  This is the
current working directory unless you specify otherwise (type -pwd- to
find out what your current working directory is).  You can specify
alternative directories using relative (to your current working
directory) or absolute paths.

>   I have the same question for the -file- command as well.  For example, the following is taken from the tutorial: "file open fh using example.txt, write replace".
>
> Am I right in assuming you could type something like   -file open fh using "C:\statafiles\example.txt", write replace-  ?

Yes, thats an example of using the absolute (as opposed to relative) path.

Neil

--
"We should make things as simple as possible, but not simpler" - Anon (not Albert Einstein)

This  message  may  contain  confidential and  privileged  information.
If you  are not the  intended recipient  you should not  disclose, copy
or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance
on its contents.  To do so is strictly  prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please  inform  the  sender that  this  message has  gone astray before
deleting it.  Thank you.

2008 marks the 60th anniversary of the NHS.  It's an opportunity to pay
tribute to the NHS staff and volunteers who help shape the service, and
celebrate their achievements.

If you work for the NHS  and  would like  an NHSmail  email account, go
to: www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail