st: Re: esttab question

Subject   st: Re: esttab question
Date   Wed, 19 Nov 2008 18:44:59 +0100

Well, -esttab- does not save anything. In its most primitive form it displays the last estimation result as in

********
sysuse auto, clear
reg pr h r
esttab
********

You can -eststo- results, of course, which is a convenience command as official Stata 10.1 has -estimates store-. If you want to save to disk, use -estimates save- (official) or -estwrite-

HTH
Martin
_______________________
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Witte" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 6:21 PM
Subject: st: esttab question

I've never used esttab before, so this should be an easy question for those who have. I quickly looked through Kit Baum's very nice -tabletutorial- and am wondering where the tables are being saved on disk (i.e. what is the default directory stata puts files into)? I have the same question for the -file- command as well. For example, the following is taken from the tutorial: "file open fh using example.txt, write replace".

Am I right in assuming you could type something like -file open fh using "C:\statafiles\example.txt", write replace- ?