RE: st: RE: e(sample) not working after XTIVREG2

Subject   RE: st: RE: e(sample) not working after XTIVREG2
Date   Fri, 7 Nov 2008 18:25:49 -0000

Austin,

Another rationale for marking singletons as not in the estimation sample
is that it follows the treatment of perfectly predicted observations in
-logit- and -probit-; when this happens the observations get dropped
from the estimation.

What worries me slightly, though, is whether postestimation tests like
-hausman- or others will work properly when the two estimation samples
appear different even though they are originally the same.  I think they
will, but maybe I am missing something.

--Mark

registered under charity number SC000278.