st: e(sample) not working after XTIVREG2

From   "Erasmo Giambona" <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: e(sample) not working after XTIVREG2
Date   Fri, 7 Nov 2008 12:22:49 +0100

Dear Prof. Schaffer and Statalisters,

For some reasons, e(sample) does not seem to work after XTIVREG2. In
particular, if I run XTIVREG2 some observations are not used because
they are singleton (likely due to the fact that some of my RHS
variables are lagged 1 period relative to the dependent variable).
However, If I try to calculate summary statistics with the e(sample)
option (i.e., sum ...... if e(sample)), the singleton observations are
now used again. I contacted STATA Support about it. They cannot
explain why this happens and suggests that I contact you.

I would appreciate if you or any Statalisters could suggest how I
could fix this problem.

Best regards,

Erasmo