RE: st: Replying on Statalist

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Replying on Statalist
Date   Fri, 26 Sep 2008 09:57:42 -0700

I agree.  I subscribed to the digest form for a long time, but decided
that there were too many gems that I wanted to save or reply to, so I
switched to the undigested (sometimes indigestible) form.  You have more
things to delete, but there are enough items to save that it's worth it
to me.

Tony

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Department of Public Health
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97330
Phone: 541-737-3832
FAX: 541-737-4001

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Neil Shephard
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2008 1:16 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Replying on Statalist

[email protected] wrote:
> How do you reply to people on Statalist (so that it shows up as a
> reply on Statalist)? I currently receive the Statalist by email in
> Digest form.
This is covered in the FAQ's (section 3 and 5 mainly), see the signature

of every Statalist post for the URL.

Since you're reading the digest you have to do a little more work
though, as you reply to statalist ([email protected]) and
then to add context to your reply you will have to copy at a bare
minimum the subject to which you are replying.  To add further context
you should copy and paste the relevant text that you are responding to.

Note that this will lose the "threading" of messages/topics in the
archives as lots of underlying info thats "hidden" in emails will be
lost, but theres nothing that can be done about it.

Neil

This  message  may  contain  confidential and  privileged  information.
If you  are not the  intended recipient  you should not  disclose, copy
or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance
on its contents.  To do so is strictly  prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please  inform  the  sender that  this  message has  gone astray before
deleting it.  Thank you.

2008 marks the 60th anniversary of the NHS.  It's an opportunity to pay
tribute to the NHS staff and volunteers who help shape the service, and
celebrate their achievements.

If you work for the NHS  and  would like  an NHSmail  email account, go
to: www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail