RE: st: Repeating a program

From   Larraine Becker <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: Repeating a program
Date   Thu, 11 Sep 2008 16:10:42 +1000

Thanks Ashim.  I've used forvalues...hopefully I'm getting the right
answers....!

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Ashim Kapoor
Sent: Thursday, 11 September 2008 3:36 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Repeating a program

Hello,

I do this all the time.

Here is how I do it.

I would say : -

forvalues x = 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 {

run program using parameter `x'

}

So what you wanna do is probabaly FIRST generate random numbers, store
them in a variable and use that in place of 1  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 .

You could also do 2 loops

forvalues index = 1 / 100 {

foreach x in random_number[`index'] {
do my code