Re: st: missing standard errors with single sampling units-help

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: missing standard errors with single sampling units-help
Date   Wed, 10 Sep 2008 21:08:28 -0400

Adbola, you misunderstand the error message. You must combine adjacent strata, not adjacent sampling units. As Joao stated, you must -svyset- your data. You have not shown us the -svyset- command. And, look at -svydes-. You have, in your second listing, asked for final stage units, but the error is really an error for first stage units, the default shown by -svydes-, if you do not give the "finalstage" option.

See the email message that Joao referred to for another suggestion besides combining strata. If you do not show us exactly what you typed (starting from -svyset- and -svydes- )and exactly what Stata responded, we cannot give you much help. (see the Statalist FAQ, especially section 3). If you are unsure of the survey concepts, then consult Sharon Lohr's book "Sampling: Design and Analysis", Duxbury Books. At Harvard, Professor Alan Zaslavsky in the Medical School is an excellent resource.

-Steve