st: Error with outreg2 "Obs. nos. out of range"

From   Roy Wada <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Error with outreg2 "Obs. nos. out of range"
Date   Wed, 3 Sep 2008 09:20:25 -0700

>I'm am trying to finalize the output of some results using the outreg2
>command but keeping getting the following error:
>
>Obs. nos. out of range
>r(198);
>
>While my actual code is somewhat more complex, I have whittled down the
>code to the point where it seems that it is the "label" option that is causing
>the code to bomb out.
>
>Tim

Tim had sent me off list the trace output. This error is "congenital" in
the sense that it was not properly disinherited when it was written.
I had it fixed for coefficient names, but not for labels. Internally it
is doing something similar to transpose, but under rare circumstances
a dataset may be too wide.

The fix should be up in about a week. Anyone who needs it now can
contact me.

Roy