Re: st: Identifying the do-file source code of tables and graphs

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Identifying the do-file source code of tables and graphs
Date   Tue, 2 Sep 2008 18:22:31 -0400

Hello Michael,

Look for an older thread "Does a do file know it's name?", e.g. here:
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2007-08/msg00584.html

As far as I know - you have to define the filename either in that file
(e.g. as a local) or in the calling program, which probably calls each
of your individual do files (e.g. as a global).

If you use xml_tab for output, it is convenient to have sheets named
as do-files, and you then have a single Excel file with all your
tables. You can append tables from multiple .do files to a single
output file, so you can form your report step-by-step.

Hope this helps,
   Sergiy Radyakin