Re: st: Does a do file know its own name?

From   "Skinner Jane Dr (MED)" <>
Subject   Re: st: Does a do file know its own name?
Date   Fri, 17 Aug 2007 12:27:01 +0100

Many thanks to everybody who replied.  I have installed dolog -
thanks, Roger!  (It's essentially the same as Nick's suggestion,
with some further refinements.)

I would like to add my voice to those who would like to see a
"currently running" section accessible by creturn.  I quite often
write customised output to csv files, and it would be nice if these
could have the same name as their do-file creators, without the
necessity of having a wrapper command to run do files with filenames
as arguments.

Best wishes,

Roger Newson wrote:
> If you want a version of -do- (renamed appropriately) that
> creates the log file (named appropriately), then download the
> -dolog- package from SSC by typing
> ssc desc dolog
> ssc inst dolog, replace
> If you then type
> dolog mydofile
> then Stata will execute and output the results to
> -mydofile.log- (as well as echoing them to the Results window).
> I hope this helps.
> Roger
Dr Jane Skinner
School of Medicine, Health Policy & Practice
University of East Anglia, Norwich NR4 7TJ
E-mail:  Tel: 01603 593120