st: New to Stata - polling

From   "Dheeraj Chand" <[email protected]>
To   "Statalist \(E-mail\)" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: New to Stata - polling
Date   Thu, 7 Aug 2008 18:46:14 -0400

Hi,

I work for a polling firm, and we're new to Stata. We've done most of our work in SPSS for almost a decade, now, and have developed highly idiosyncratic ways of using macros and Python to create our primary products for our customers: banner books, daily partials, regressions and various modeling projects. Call this the first round of requests for information.

1. Does anyone on the list use Stata for these purposes?
2. If so, is it standalone or in conjunction with other software?
3. If in conjunction with other software, which other sofware do you use and how do you divvy up the responsibilities?
4. Are there manuals or FAQ's available on how to transition from a primarily SPSS shop to an integrated or Stata alone shop for these products?

Thanks in advance,

Dheeraj

Dheeraj Chand, Programmer
Lake Research Partners
1726 M Street N.W., Suite 500
Washington, DC 20036
PH: (202) 776-9066 (general)
PH: (202) 470-4454 (direct line)
FX: (202) 776-9074
[email protected]

"Ego autem et me saepe nova videri dicere intellego, cum pervetera dicam sed inaudita plerisque, et fateor me ratorem, si modo sim aut etiam quicumque sim, non ex rhetorum officinis, sed ex Academiae spatiis exstitisse."

-M.T. Cicero, "Orator, 12.1 - 12.4