st: chopped first lines [was: RE: RE: RE: treatreg2]

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: chopped first lines [was: RE: RE: RE: treatreg2]
Date   Sun, 15 Jun 2008 19:02:16 +0100

Correct. Note also that this first line problem and what to do about it
-- i.e. repeat with a sacrifice line -- has long been documented in the
Statalist FAQ:

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/statalist.html#toask

"Majordomo sometimes misreads posts and in particular can chop the first
line. One known problem arises if the first line of your post starts
with "From"; thus that should be avoided. If your post is rendered
unintelligible by such beheading, feel free to revise and repost,
possibly with a new first line you do not mind sacrificing."

Rodrigo Alfaro A.

///
///

Your situation is very common, last year Kit Baum used to write a
silly/funny first line in all his messages. Lines were like "sacrifice
something" because server ate those. So leave some useless lines for the
hungry server.

Martin Weiss

The mailserver of statalist seems to be cutting my messages short, do
not know why, though. I replied:

"Rather: Does anybody know treatreg2? -findit treatreg2- does not throw
up anything for me..." and it cut to "anything for me..." twice :-(