Re: st: RE: Bootstrapping Conf Intervals - what do they mean?

From   "Salah Mahmud" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Bootstrapping Conf Intervals - what do they mean?
Date   Tue, 3 Jun 2008 16:22:43 -0500

JV wrote:
"A 95% frequentist confidence interval says that 95% of such intervals
you gather will cover the true, fixed parameter"

If I understood you correctly, u are saying if one would repeat the
experiment 10000 times, 95% of these experiments would result in a
confidence interval that covers the unknown population estimate. I
could be missing something, but that does not seem to say much about
the current confidence interval: the one calculated from this data.
How likely that THIS confidence interval covers the true estimate?

/salah