st: A Thought

From   "Raphael Fraser" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: A Thought
Date   Sun, 4 May 2008 22:53:01 -0500

Message to Stata

What I am about to say may sound a bit out of the ordinary but here goes.

Along with each release of Stata comes Stata Manuals. These manuals
are essential for Stata programmers and others but can prove costly
for some. In addtion to selling print versions of the manuals, why not
make its contents freely available online? Why would Stata want to do
this? I think there is a large group of non-Stata programmers and
other users that would benefit from this. For example. there are SAS
and R programmers who would consider adding Stata to their programming
tool kit. Making the manuals available on-line would indeed reduce
"learning frustration" and make it much easier for those who
contemplate switching. Or for those wanting to switch.

What are YOUR thoughts?

Raphael