Re: st: A Thought

From   "Rafal Raciborski" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: A Thought
Date   Mon, 5 May 2008 00:48:49 -0400

i wish i could somehow return the old manuals and upgrade them to new
ones at a discounted price....  i don't have a problem shelling out
big $ once for a complete set but am not willing to do it every two
years or so.

i know the stata corp is making significant money on the manuals and i
am not sure how feasible it is, but would it be possible to have
manuals installed as either html or pdf during the installation and
have them somehow associated with the serial number so that the files
would not open on another machine?  the user could type in stata -man
regress- and an associated page would open in a browser or pdf reader.

rafal