Re: st: trend analysis for survey data

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: trend analysis for survey data
Date   Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:30:39 -0400

-svyset- your data. Then try -svy reg- for your 0-1 outcome on the
time dimension variable.  If the prevalences are close to zero or
one, you could consider -svy logit -.  From your question, I take it
that the surveys are independent, but taken over the time dimension
and that the target populations were identical, except for time
period.  You will need to define new strata, which are combinations
of survey and the original strata.

This assumes that primary sampling units were newly sampled for each
survey. If not, you cannot treat the surveys as independent and
should come back here for help.

-Steven
On Mar 10, 2008, at 4:28 AM, [email protected] wrote:

> hi,
> I have data on three/four independent cross-sectional surveys (not
> panels). I need to test for a trend in the prevalence of a health
> condition. How can I do a trend analysis in Stata that will take
> into account sampling weights and stratification?
> thank you.
>
> Audrey P.

Steven Samuels
845-246-0774