st: RE: QIC Program question to assess fit in xtgee

From   "Mustillo, Sarah A" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: QIC Program question to assess fit in xtgee
Date   Fri, 29 Feb 2008 09:38:57 -0500

Lara -

I just tried the QIC program and got the same error.  I always use the code provided by Hardin and Hilbe in their GEE book.  Put in your own Y variable and X variables and run it like a do file:

*From Hardin&Hilbe 2002 - Using QIC to determine the best correlation structure for the data.

xtgee yvar x1 x2 x3 x4 x5 x6 xm [pweight=wt], robust corr(ind)
matrix A= e(V)
matrix Ai= syminv(A)

capture program drop qicm
program define qicm
	args corr
	quietly {

		capture quietly xtgee yvar x1 x2 x3 x4 x5 x6 xm [pweight=wt], robust corr(`corr')
		if (_rc !=0) {
			exit
		}

		matrix V = e(V)
		matrix T = Ai*V
		matrix t = trace(T)
		scalar off = t[1,1]

		tempvar ql
		quietly predict double mu, mu
		quietly generate double `ql' = (yvar*log(mu/(1-mu)) + log(1-mu))
		quietly summarize `ql', meanonly

	}
	display in green "QIC = " in yellow 2*(off-r(sum))
end

qicm ind
drop mu
qicm exch