Re: st: Expansion Modules

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Expansion Modules
Date   Mon, 11 Feb 2008 08:01:32 -0600

This does not help me understand you. Try again if it is important.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 11, 2008, at 7:50 AM, "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]> wrote:

Let's just say that I am not sure if "Expansion modules" are the same
as the regular "Expansion fields".

Sergiy

On Feb 11, 2008 5:04 AM, Maarten buis <[email protected]> wrote:
--- Sergiy Radyakin <[email protected]> wrote:
Stata does not sell plugins either, but the users can write them
themselves. So this does not answer my question. If anyone had any
experience with an "expansion module" please let me know.
Also, can it be that this feature existed in older versions of Stata
and is now abandoned?
Dave did answer your question: There is no such thing as and "expansion
module" in Stata. If you buy Stata you get all features in official
Stata. Unlike other packages where you can buy separate survey analysis
or multilevel modules, Stata gives you everything it has once you have
bought Stata. Could you tell us a bit more with why you think such a
module exists, and what it should contain? That might help us pin down
the source of confusion.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis