st: differences between kdensity plots

From   Richard Goldstein <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: differences between kdensity plots
Date   Tue, 29 Jan 2008 16:43:56 -0500

I have produced a graph with two kdensity plots on it (one for the age of each of two groups of people) -- I am now interested in producing some statistics about the difference(s) between these plots; I have never thought about this issue before and wonder if there are any "standard" or common differences that are used to describe (or even to test) the differences between the two plots.

Note that I assume I can use the undocumented twoway__kdensity_gen command to obtain the data underlying each plot. If anyone has used this and thinks I am wrong in my reading of the help file, please tell me.

Note also that there may well be numerous kinds of differences and I don't wish to eliminate any possibilities at this time.

Thanks,

Rich
*
* For searches and help try: