Re: st: differences between kdensity plots

Subject   Re: st: differences between kdensity plots
Date   Tue, 29 Jan 2008 16:59:00 -0500

Richard Goldstein <[email protected]>:

I would not use twoway__kdensity_gen which is for histogram bins.
Instead use the at() and gen() options on kdensity like so:

sysuse auto, clear
su mpg, meanonly
g x=r(min)+(_n-1)*(r(max)-r(min))/50 in 1/51
kdensity mpg if for==0, at(x) g(d) nogr
kdensity mpg if for==1, at(x) g(f) nogr
g diff=f-d
line d f x, name(compare)