st: what's wrong with ivreg2 after reinstallation

From   Guanyi Ben Li <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: what's wrong with ivreg2 after reinstallation
Date   Fri, 11 Jan 2008 14:30:23 -0800 (PST)

Hi all:

I use stata 9.2 and have just found that my old programs with ivreg2 no longer work. specifically, it always report "equation not identified."

this problem exists even with the official example in ivreg2's help file. for instance,

use http://fmwww.bc.edu/ec-p/data/hayashi/griliches76.dta>
xi i.year
ivreg2 lw s expr tenure rns smsa _I* (iq=med kww age mrt)

equation not identified; must have at least as many instruments not in
the regression as there are instrumented variables

i would really appreciate information regarding this matter.

Ben