st: RE: -nlcom- (more)

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: -nlcom- (more)
Date   Tue, 8 Jan 2008 17:01:36 -0000

Presumably because -nlcom- is itself version 8. That is,
what you typed is just passed as text, and processed
within -nlcom-, in contrast to direct interactive use.

Feiveson, Alan H.

To follow up on my previous post, I noticed that -nlcom- accepted "norm"
for the name of the normal CDF even though in Stata 10, this name was
changed to "normal".

The original program I ran had a "Version 9" in front of it, so "norm"
within that program should be OK.

But when I typed in "norm" interactively afterwards (in Stata 10),
shouldn't that result in an error about an unknown function name?

However, even after changing the name to "normal", I still got the same
weird results as I had posted before.

So another question is why under Stata 10 does -nlcom- accept the use of
"norm" ?