RE: st: 2007 West Coast Users Group meeting- will more detailed materials be available?

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: 2007 West Coast Users Group meeting- will more detailed materials be available?
Date   Wed, 31 Oct 2007 12:38:26 -0700

I was there and Vince's presentation was a marvelous tutorial on the
graphics editor.  It would NOT be a 'good' slide show on the web for
Nick's reasons.

Tony

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Department of Public Health
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97330
Phone: 541-737-3832
FAX: 541-737-4001

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of n j cox
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 3:38 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: 2007 West Coast Users Group meeting- will more detailed
materials be available?

I was there in London, near the East Coast. What Vince did there didn't
really lend itself to putting up in the format you desire. Mostly, he
showed us stuff by doing it, and responded to questions impromptu. It
wasn't really a series of slides with chatter. That's naturally not to
discourage him putting up what he can, but it was a question,
unfortunately, of "you should have been there".

I wasn't there at the West Coast meeting, meaning Los Angeles, but a
guess is that the same applies.

Jonathan Kaplan

Is there any hope that more detailed materials documenting the 2007
West Coast Users Group meeting will be available at some time?.

I'm particularly hoping to see the "Graph editing" presentation by
Vince Wiggins, which I notice is absent from the United Kingdom Stata
Users' Group Meetings 2007 materials:
http://ideas.repec.org/s/boc/usug07.html

The material documenting previous meetings is wonderful- thanks to all
the authors, IDEAS/ Kit Baum!