Re: st: variable names from variable window to command window (and cutting from the command window)

From   "Leny Mathew" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: variable names from variable window to command window (and cutting from the command window)
Date   Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:31:19 -0400

Thanks Maarten.
I'm working with a large survey which is stored as different sections
and the variable names are based on the wording of the questions.
Hence I'm not able to use the short cuts to select the variables.
To create my analysis data set, I need to select variables from the
different sections and then merge them all together into one data set.
If one of the sections have a large number of variables to be chosen,
I feel that it is better to select all at once and have one data set
for that section rather than split the section into blocks of 48
variables. This would reduce the number of merges that I would need to
do. I could definitely type in the variable names, but that increases
the chance of spelling error.

Leny