Re: st: RE: Frustrating problem with Stata 10 graph editor

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Frustrating problem with Stata 10 graph editor
Date   Wed, 15 Aug 2007 15:59:07 -0400

.gph files can not be edited with a text editor because they are
binary files (use all 256 possible bytes), while a text editor like
notepad.exe will be unable to show/save most of them (safe codes would
be 32 to 127, not sure about the others)

So you should have edited the file in a HEX editor and _CHANGE_ only
that particular byte to an alphanumeric symbol. If you delete a
symbol, the whole file will be corrupted.

You can try again if you still have a backup copy

Best regards,
   Sergiy Radyakin