st: Frustrating problem with Stata 10 graph editor

From   Fred Wolfe <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Frustrating problem with Stata 10 graph editor
Date   Wed, 15 Aug 2007 13:59:46 -0500

The graph editor is quite nice and very useful. However, I have run into a problem. I was making an hbar graph, made many modifications, and then modified blabel to add a % sign (what many of us had asked for on the list). The editor accepted the % sign. I saved the graph, but when I tried to use it I received this message:

plotregion1.barlabels[8].text invalid name
error (198) reading file
Error in file, skipping lines:
.plotregion1.barlabels[8].text.Arrpush 3.8%
<EndItem>
graph1.gversion invalid name

I am now unable to -use- the graph and all of my time and work is lost. I know better now, but I suggest that the editor not allow entries that will crash the graph.

Fred

Fred Wolfe
National Data Bank for Rheumatic Diseases
Wichita, Kansas
Tel +1 316 263 2125

* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/