st: RE: gllamm question(s)

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: gllamm question(s)
Date   Tue, 19 Jun 2007 10:27:05 +0100

I don't think a lack of questions is much of a basis
for setting up a list. That said, Statalist as such
surely has no aspirations to hegemony, monopoly or
uniqueness. Let anything else flourish that people want to do.

That said, in my experience, all threads about the
desirability of separate lists lead nowhere unless someone is

(a) able

and

(b) willing

to volunteer

(c) to set up

and

(d) to maintain a list. This requires either that you
know what hardware and software are needed to run a list,
or that you know someone who does who is willing to help
indefinitely; and that you are prepared either to moderate a list or to
handle questions about the running of a non-moderated list.

Of course, many of us are, or have been, academics
or at least academically inclined and so enjoy
discussions of principle, but the point remains.

E. Michael Foster